Wednesday, May 18, 2011

looking for a babysitter? childcare provider? nanny??

Hi ladies,

I was listening to the radio (Froggy 101 to be exact) a few weeks ago and heard an advertisement for Care.com. Now I thought this is a great concept, but does it really work? So I thought I would try it out and see. They are a website that puts parents in touch with babysitters.

This sight is great! You are able to see childcare providers in your area, get their references, availability, and background checks are done already. You are able to correspond with them to see if it is a right match for you both. And you can also post a job if you are looking for someone to care for your child/children. They have areas for pet care providers, special needs providers, tutors. Tips on how to interview a potential sitter, healthy meal ideas, activities for kids etc.

They even have a payment calculator! You put in the zip code you live, how many children and the amount of experience the sitter has..... and it tells you what you should be paying hourly. I mean how many times have you had no idea what you should pay your sitters!

So I went on the sight and found several sitters in my area of PA. Spoke to each of them and was pleased with their experience and personalities. I used 1 of the sitters and was very happy, my kids loved her and will defiantely be calling her again soon.

This is a great tool for moms. I also do childcare in my home and a mom found me and now I am watching her daughter. Awesome. Hope this helps you too! As always I love to hear your feedback! - Tamra (a.k.a. The Frugal Mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment