Monday, April 19, 2010

Quick Tip: Cook Once Eat For The Week

Hi ladies!

Yesterday while out grocery shopping I stopped in a local grocery and picked up some packages of chicken thigh & legs. They were 4 in each package for less that $2. So I picked up 4 packages. 2 I froze and 2 I cooked up.

I was making a Pot Roast, cooking in the oven on low so at the same time I placed the chicken in a pan and drizzled with olive oil and some seasoning (salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic, onion). I also had some left over chicken soup I made on Friday. Not enough for another meal so I put the broth on the bottom of the pan to keep the chicken moist. Put in the oven along side the roast for 2 hours on low. Let me tell you ladies.....it was so tender and juicy and yummy. We ended up eating the chicken for dinner last night and saved the roast for another night during the week. Now I have meals already prepared for another chicken dinner and 2 pot roast meals.

Yeah me! less cooking time this week!

Tamra (a.k.a. The Frugal Mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment