Monday, January 4, 2010

Individual Meatloaves

Hi ladies!

Your gonna love this recipe! I am always looking to make my life easier (especially around dinner time). So when I purchased some chop meat in bulk (5 pounds) on sale and was trying to think of what to make that my family would all love, something I could freeze for later meals too. I dug through my recipe clippings from magazines and such. And came across a recipe for individual meatloaves.

Ingredients:
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp tomato paste
2 eggs
1/2 cup ketchup
3 cups chopped onions
1 teaspoon ground thyme
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
2.5 pounds ground beef (or turkey)

in a bowl mix olive oil, Worcester sauce, tomato paste, ketchup, eggs,
then add thyme, salt, pepper.

in a larger bowl add chop meat, breadcrumbs, onions and liquid mixture. mix together and divide into 6 portions.

I made a double batch and froze them all (12). then took out a few when needed. each loaf realistically feeds 2 adults (they are about 10 oz patties). so when I take them out I take 2, this is plenty to feed 3 adults & 3 little kids that don't eat more than a few bites, along with some sides. We had a mixed salad and baked potatoes. (Sabra hummus or Tatziki (a Greek yogurt, dill, cucumber mix) is delicious with the meatloaf too).

cooking time: 350 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes (until internal temp is 155-160)

Recipe from the Bare Foot Contessa (from Food Network - ), recipe was featured in the House Beautiful Magazine.
www.barefootcontessa.com or www.foodnetwork.com for more recipes.

I hope you enjoy this recipe. my whole family raved about it. you can also add peppers or chives for an alternative.

xoxo Tamra (a.k.a. the Frugal Mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment