¾ cup light coconut milk
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 pound of uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined (may buy fresh or frozen)
½ cup flaked coconut
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Nonstick cooking spray (or foil)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a shallow bowl, combine coconut milk, lime juice, soy sauce, ginger, and brown sugar.
- Add the shrimp to the marinade and toss to coat evenly.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator, and let the shrimp marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare a large baking pan either by coating in nonstick cooking spray or by covering in foil.
- Remove bowl from refrigerator.
- Take shrimp out of the marinade and place on baking tray.
- Sprinkle the flaked coconut evenly onto shrimp prior to baking.
- Season with the cayenne pepper.
- Bake 7-8 minutes or until shrimp are pink and firm.
Nutrition content: Per serving (about 15 shrimp): 180 calories, 6 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 18 g protein, 8 g carbohydrate, 137 mg cholesterol, 400 mg sodium, 296 mg potassium (6% daily need), 137 IU vitamin D (35% daily need)
*recipe found in teh Skinny In The City Newsletter