Monday, February 23, 2009

Feb week # 4 - Recycle your changing table


When my daughter was born a year ago (wow has it really been that long already!) we put a changing table downstairs in our main living area to make things easier. Rather than running up to her bedroom every time that is.

Well now that she is almost a year, and not sitting still during diaper changes, the table is sitting there unused taking up space. So I had to decide to get rid of it or recycle it into something we could use. I am a big fan of organizing things. So what better use than as our kids craft center.

I removed the changing pad, add some accessories and wala it was done. My kids love to draw and color like most kids their age. So I had bins of paper, coloring books, crayons, markers etc. Everything was spread out in different places. Now I have them all in one place and accessible.
I used bins to store things like play dough and the accessories to go with it, painting things, extra paper etc. In the drawer I used plastic organizers to separate and store things like pencils, safety scissors, stickers, glue sticks, pencil sharpeners and erasers, tape. and on the top surface I used paper sorters to store my colored paper, white paper and other drawing tools. We also used plastic containers to store crayons & markers. This way the kids have easy access to the colors when they are using them and its easy clean up too.
I hope this tip has inspired you to find creative ways to reuse things in your home too.
.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great way to keep your kids occupied without television all the time. having everything handy is so convenient.

    ReplyDelete