Thursday, February 19, 2009

Feb week # 3 - Stroller Tip

Hi ladies,

When my oldest daughter was a baby (she's now 5), when we would go for walks with the stroller she was forever dropping her bottle or sippy cup and her snack cup too. I can't even tell you how many we lost!

Well a friend had given me a great "tip"that I had used all the time and had forgotten about til this weekend when I was at the zoo with my kids. I had my 11 month old in a stroller while my other girls ran from animal to animal. And with this new "tip" that I will share with you in a moment, we had no worries she would drop or lose her cup on the dirty floor.

OK so here it is.... you take an ordinary shoe lace (or string of any kind) and tie one end to one of those rings that connect and have one small opening. You know the ones that you can use to attach toys to a car seat. Well that end connects to the bar on the stroller and tie the other end to one of those rubber bands you get from your produce. The rubber band is perfect to slip around a bottle, sippy cup or snack cup. Make sure the string is long enough, yet short enough to not hit the floor when they throw it overboard (and you know they will ;-) ). So if they throw it over it just dangles til you are able to retrieve it. Wala! No more lost or germy cups!

I hope this tip helps you as much as it does me. Especially with spring right around the corner, we will be strollering it a lot :-).

1 comment:

  1. So cool! I will try it. I am always losing cups. I guess this could also work for baby walkers or excersaucers too? this would save me tons of search time while he's crying because he tossed it ;).

    Thanks - Cheryl, NY

    ReplyDelete