Sunday, January 11, 2009

Jan week #2 Tip - Keep a Journal

I just noticed that in the "Motivations for Moms" link they recommended making a journal for your kids. I think this is a wonderful idea! I started one last year when my 2nd daughter Sydney was 2 and it has been amazing to look back and see all the funny things they say. Sydney is now 3 and is the comedian of our family. I wish I would have kept one while my oldest Morgan was even younger. She is now 5 and she is our actress. But its never too late to start. They say and do the funniest things! And now that my baby Brooke, now 10 months, is on the move its awesome to see them all interacting and to see what unfolds.

I have only one journal that includes all 3 daughters. I keep it in my kitchen so I can jot down things they say and do so I will never forget. Before I started doing this, there were so many times my husband would come home and I would start to tell him something the girls said....and I would forget exactly what happened...and it didn't seem so funny anymore. So I started jotting them down and now I have them forever.

All you need is a spiral notebook. Nothing fancy. I picked up mine from Walmart in the clearance section for 50 cents! I have a stash now so when I run out of room I have another just like it.

Hope this idea helps you save the memories as your children grow- Tamra

3 comments:

  1. I have kept a journal for all 3 of my children, starting at the beginning of each pregnancy. On each birthday, we snuggle up at night, and we read parts of it - just me and the birthday child! It's their favorite part of the day.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love it. such a great tradition to start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tamra it's Michelle from Library group. Welcome to the blogging world. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete