Sunday, January 25, 2009

Jan week # 4 - Helpful Meal Tip for Moms with Babies & Toddlers

Taking some time in the beginning of the week to prep a few things will make your life all week long a joy at meal times for your baby.

1. Cut up small bite size pieces of veggies (carrots, cauliflower, zucchini, broccoli) and cook until tender. Make enough to last the week. Place in a Tupperware and at each meal just take out what you need. It makes that "witching hour" as we call it in my house, a bit easier to deal with. And you won't be scrambling to make dinner for the baby as well as the whole family. It allows you to offer him/her a healthier option to store bought and save so much time.

2. Another quicky is to take a sweet potato, poke a few times with a fork, cook in microwave til soft. store in a Tupperware and slice off pieces for meals throughout the week.

3. Have string cheese handly. peel strips and break into bite size pieces. works great to distract your little one while you get their meal to their tray. Also great when you are going somewhere during meal time.

I hope these tips make your meal time less stressful. I know it works for me! - Tamra

2 comments:

  1. A lot of parent today have become very snack pack oriented. My personal feeling is if I didn't make it I am not feeding it to my baby.

    Love your posts keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea. It is so important to plan with a little one. The more you plan the better you can guarantee that your child eats healthy meals.

    ReplyDelete